GMP is proud to announce that we have signed an exclusive supply agreement with Fonterra, a leading multinational dairy producer based in New Zealand. With a long history in dairy, Fonterra has harnessed their global dairy expertise and local to knowledge to become one of New Zealand’s largest companies and accounts for approximately 30% of the world’s dairy exports. Their brands have become synonymous with exceptional quality that has been trusted for generations.
Through this partnership, GMP has gained exclusive supply in Australia over Fonterra’s 2 clinically tested probiotic strains for infants – Lacticaseibacillus rhamnosus HN001 (marketed as NZMP SureStart LactoB HN001) and Bifidobacterium animalis subspecies lactis HN019 (marketed as NZMP SureStart BifidoB HN019).These can be used in formulas for children under 12 years old and for pregnant or expecting mothers.
The immune system is key to good health across our entire lifespan and is critical to maintaining the overall healthy functioning of our bodies. Probiotics are recognised as a simple, effective way to help support a strong immune system as more than half of the immune system’s white blood cells are in the gut. With the current global situation, there is now an intense and widespread focus on the importance of a healthy immune system and how to support it, and awareness around the specific benefits of specific probiotic strains is now on the rise.
HN001 and HN019 functions:
1. Good for intestinal health and regulates intestinal microbiota. Can be used to optimise the composition and activity of intestinal microbiota to treat a range of diseases or reduce the risk of infections.
2. Enhance natural and acquired immunity, which can result in increased resistance to infection and disease.
3. Helps to reduce inflammation and may even play a role in healthy brain development.
4. Helps to reduce the risk of developing immune disorders such as allergies.
5. Can reduce the symptoms of immune disorders such as atopic dermatitis and infantile eczema.
The HN001 and HN019 strains have shown a long history of excellent stability and safety in foods. Through gaining exclusive supply of these strains in Australia, GMP can achieve and maintain the highest quality in health food products that are easy for the consumer to store and use.
GMP is always looking for innovation in the health food industry and we are very excited about our new partnership. We look forward to seeing these two amazing strains in products across the TGA, GB and food categories.